- To find associated regions in response to a smell stimuli
- To study these regions in a group of control
- To find activated regions in a group of people suffering from anosmia
- To compare the regions of control group and patients
- To compare the results of fMRI analysis with the common methodology of understanding anosmia
- Patient group: 15 subject with anesthetic problem
- Control group: 15 healthy subjects
- We Performed an olfactory behavior test on each subject first.
- The imaging method is the fMRI method.
- Before imaging, the subject is informed about the task.
- During the imaging, the olfactory stimulus enters to the subject’s nose through Nasal Interface, this message is completely randomized without notice.
- fMRI imaging were performed on all of the subjects under the stimulation pattern.
- After the test, a person’s opinion is asked about the intensity and the amount of pleasure.
- The data are acquired at the imaging center of Imam Khomeini Complex.
- All images are pre-processed. (slice timing correction/motion correction/ …)
- All images are processed using FSL.
- The results are grouped between control and patients.
- Activated regions in both groups are extracted.
- Seyyed Amirhossein Batouli
- Mohsen Kohanpour
- Soodeh Moallemian
- Mohammad Ali Oghabian
- Neouroimaging and Analysis Group (NIAG)